Cache Valley's 12th annual Winter Gift Market will be held Friday, December 5th from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 6th from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. at the Bullen Center (43 South Main St., Logan, UT). The Winter Gift Market provides an opportunity for shoppers to purchase local items from some of their favorite local artists, including Cache Valley Gardeners' Market vendors.
We are accepting artisans with locally made art and craft items as well as food vendors with pre-made, pre-packaged gift food items. The number of vendors is limited. Vendors are accepted through a jury process. All handmade gift items must be made by the applicant. To ensure that we offer a balanced selection of gift items to shoppers, you can only sell the type of items that are accepted on your application. All other CVGM guidelines apply, including that food items must be made in accordance with local health regulations (contact the Bear River Health Department).
Please note, vendor spaces are approximately 7' x 8'. Further details regarding your space size and placement will be provided upon your acceptance. All of your display must fit within the space provided. Because we want the room to be as open and welcoming as possible, all structures that extend more than 2 ft above table height must be approved by Sharon (CVWGMmail@gmail.com) or Joy (email@example.com) PRIOR to the event day. Details regarding set-up time will accompany your acceptance letter. You must be at your booth for the full time Friday evening AND Saturday.
The basic fee for each space is $90 for 2014 CVGM vendors and $100 for non-Market vendors. A limited number of electrical outlets are available at $10 extra. Additionally, you may request one of the limited booth spaces against a wall.
Application Procedure (all materials and fees are due by September 26, 2014)
1. Applicant information should be submitted by filling out the APPLICATION FORM found by clicking here.
Indicate the Artistic Medium categories (maximum of three) in which you are applying and the percentage of your items in each category. Every applicant’s work will be reviewed by an independent jury (no vendors are on the panel). The number of participants in each category will be limited.
2. Please submit 5 digital images for each category in which you want jury consideration. If more photos are submitted than required, the jury will only view the first 5. This ensures all applicants are juried equally. It is possible that you will be accepted in one category but not another. In order to keep this process as anonymous and fair as possible, no photos which identify the artist by name or business will be shown to the jury. Digital photos must be in JPG format, minimum resolution 600 x 800 pixels, maximum file size 1MB (any larger cannot be sent to the jury) should be submitted to CVWGMmail@gmail.com. Please include in the email a short description of your work to be shared with the jury. It is important that your photos show your work and workmanship. Please note that while the jury is comprised of local individuals who are supportive of the arts and patrons of the Cache Valley Gardeners Market, they may not be familiar with your work and will judge applicants on the basis of the photos submitted. Food vendor applicants do not need to submit photos.
3. Please make your check out to Winter Gift Market and make sure that the artist's name is on the check. Checks for the booth fees should be sent to Sharon Ohlhorst, 5080 West 3400 South, Wellsville, 84339. If you prefer to pay by credit card, you can do so at The Spirit Goat (28 Federal Ave., Logan), 435-512-9049.
4. All of these materials (online application, emailed photos and booth fee payment) need to be received no later than September 26, 2014. Late applications will only be accepted if space allows and to provide diversity of art media for our shoppers.
5. Confirmation of your application acceptance will come via an email to the email address you provide. Acceptance information will only be mailed if you have sent a self addressed and stamped envelope. Checks will be returned to those not accepted if a self addressed and stamped envelope was included with the check, otherwise they will be shredded.
Please understand that space is VERY limited at this venue and we cannot accommodate all of the gifted artists in Cache Valley. ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE JURIED (booth fee, digital pictures and application form all received by September 26).
Thank you for your interest and support of this event. If you have further questions, contact Sharon Ohlhorst (435-752-2289; CVWGMmail@gmail.com ) or Becky Yeager (435-757-6283; firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Joy Brisighella (435-757-5940; email@example.com ).